Your shopping cart is currently empty.
Fitness for Life Elementary School Gde for Wellness Coordinators
This teaching tool contains everything you need to implement a schoolwide standards-based wellness program. The guide and its DVD-ROM include the following:
- Detailed steps for planning each week of the program and coordinating the efforts of classroom teachers, physical educators, other school staff, and parents.
- Videos for conducting schoolwide team activities to get all students moving together.
- Hundreds of printable resources, including full-color signs that reinforce wellness messages, materials to support special activities, planning and assessment tools, and newsletters.
- An exploration of the program’s educational foundations, including activity and nutrition guidelines; the connections between physical education, physical activity, and academics; and the obesity epidemic.
- A program overview for teacher training, including a slide presentation, an interview with senior author Chuck Corbin, and handouts.
Fitness for Life: Elementary School is a program that promotes wellness, physical activity, sound nutrition and healthy lifestyles choices throughout your school. It helps you do the following:
- Teach essential health-related concepts of fitness, physical activity, nutrition, and wellness
- Meet local and state requirements for daily and weekly physical activity
- Implement easy-to-follow lessons that are standards based and developmentally appropriate
- Enhance academic performance and help fight childhood obesity
- Coordinate efforts among classroom teachers, physical educators, other school personnel, before- and afterschool program leaders, and parents
- Meet recommendations and standards from CDC, USDA, and NASPE, among others
With its integrated lesson plans, activities, videos and resources, this DVD and book can provide the foundation for a new coordinated school health program or greatly enhance an existing program.
What materials are included in the program package?
Each Classroom Guide contains a bound-in DVD-ROM with the plug-and-play activities for that grade, lesson plans, and reproducibles.
The Physical Education Lesson Plans book includes 2 DVD-ROMs with all the plug-and-play activities and instructional videos, a music CD to use during lessons, and a CD-ROM full of reproducible and lesson plans.
The Guide for Wellness Coordinators includes a DVD-ROM with the plans for the Wellness Weeks, reproducibles, and a program overview for teacher training.
The program package includes the following books:
Physical Education Lesson Plans
Guide for Wellness Coordinators
Classroom Guide: Kindergarten
Classroom Guide: First Grade
Classroom Guide: Second Grade
Classroom Guide: Third Grade
Classroom Guide: Fourth Grade
Classroom Guide: Fifth Grade
Classroom Guide: Sixth Grade
|Made in USA||Yes|
|Sold As||single unit|
|Shipping Weight||0.5 lbs|