ACSM's Health/ Fitness Facility Standards and Guidelines - 4th Edition
This book presents the current standards and guidelines that help professional facilities high-quality service and program offerings in a safe environment. This content is based in large part on both the work that has begun through the NSF international initiative to develop industry standards to serve as the foundation for a voluntary health and fitness facility certification process. Experts within the academic, medical and health fields have come together with an authorative guide for facility operators and owners. The 4th Edition includes new standards and guidelines for pre-activity screening, orientation, education and supervision; risk management and emergency procedures; professional staff and independent contractors; facility design and construction; facility equipment; operational practices; and signage.
This edition updates:
- Standards and guidelines aligned with the current version of the pending NSF international health and fitness facility standards.
- New guidelines addressing individuals with special needs.
- New standards and guidelines regarding automated external defibrillators (AEDs) for both staffed and unstaffed facilities.
- Revised standards and guidelines to reflect changing directors and business models within the industry, including 24/7 fitness facilities, medically integrated facilities, and demographic-specific facilities.
- New standards and guidelines to better equip facilities that are dealing with youth to ensure the proper care of this segment of the clientele.
|Made in USA||Yes|
|Sold As||single unit|
|Shipping Weight||0.5 lbs|