Achieve Greater Balance with Balance Boards from Power Systems
Balance training is one of the most often overlooked components of fitness regimens. First comes cardio and strength, then flexibility, and then, if possible, balance training. This oversight may be because people don’t understand that balance is a key element of overall fitness, and the use of appropriate balance training equipment such as balance boards, wobble boards and bongo boards from Power Systems can truly enhance your performance and your progress in almost any fitness program.
What are the Benefits of Using Balance Training Equipment?
The specific benefits of using a balance trainer include the following:
- Improved coordination. Because your muscle systems must work cohesively to achieve balance, your coordination is naturally improved and this extends beyond your workouts to your daily life. This can be particularly beneficial as we age and gradually become less coordinated.
- Reduced risk of injury. Balance boards and wobble boards help you become more body aware, which improves your sense of where your limbs are oriented in space. This type of body awareness helps reduce the likelihood that you’ll fall or bump into things, thus reducing your chances of injury.
- Stronger joints. Balance training equipment promotes stabilization of your shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles, thus improving range of motion and reducing the risk of injury to those joints.
- Improved strength. Strength training involves both the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system (brain and spinal cord). Balance training trains your brain to become more efficient and to have a quicker reaction time, which will result in a greater ability to recruit more muscle fibers during weight lifting.
- Increased enjoyment of workouts. Balance training is different and fun! It can inject a new sense of motivation and enjoyment into your workouts.
What Kinds of Balance Training Equipment Should I Look for?
Power Systems offers a wide range of balance training equipment, from simple trainers to rocker and wobble boards, combo boards, balance stands, pads and more. If you are new to balance training or if you work with people who are just learning to incorporate balance training into their fitness regimens, you might also enjoy the DVDs Drills and Exercises to Improve Static and Dynamic Balance, or perhaps Training on Unstable Surfaces.
Whether the idea of balance training and balance boards is new to you, or if you have lots of experience with balance training equipment, Power Systems has the right resources to meet your needs. Explore our range of balance training offerings and let us know how we can help you incorporate balance training seamlessly into your home or professional exercise setting.