Balance is the foundation of almost all athletics, and there are a number of products on the market that aim at helping athletes to improve their balance. Few are as cost effective as Power Systems' VersaDisc, however.
The VersaDisc balance trainer is an inflatable disc, offered in two different sizes. You stand on the disc (or on two discs, to provide even more balance challenges) to provide an unstable surface that improves your balance and ankle strength.
- The basic VersaDisc is available in a 13.5-inch size and in red, purple, or blue
- The VersaDisc Pro has a diameter of 17.5 inches, and is available only in blue; it is wide enough to stand on with both feet and provides more balance challenges
- Made of soft PVC, but strong enough to be burst resistant up to 300 pounds
- Inflation can be adjusted to suit your preferences, using the VersaDisc Needle Pump (sold separately)
Balance trainers are valued by athletes in many sports, but one of the most common uses of the VersaDisc system is by runners, who balance on two discs to increase their ankle strength and their reaction time to situations that could potentially throw them off balance while running. This can be invaluable and help to prevent injury when running on rocky trails or uneven ground.
- Balance difficulty can be adjusted by varying the level of air pumped into the disc
- Low 2.5-inch height increases safety; if you lose your balance, you just step off
- Strong PVC construction supports users up to 300 pounds
Many different balance workouts can be based on the VersaDisc, which can easily be combined with weights to provide constantly-changing challenges to other exercises or workout routines. Because you can control the inflation of the VersaDisc, you can adjust its instability to suit the training routine you have in mind, creating balance challenges suitable for beginners, intermediate users, and experts. Plus, each side of the VersaDisc offers a slightly different level of challenge.
You can also use the VersaDisc for other exercises, such as push-ups, lunges, abdominal training, and body weight squats. The two textured sides are useful for rehabilitation purposes or for massage therapy. So whatever your reason for wanting to improve your balance, the VersaDisc from Power Systems is your best and most cost-effective way to achieve it.